Catholic Women’s League of Canada
All Saints Parish Council
“FOR LOVE OF GOD AND COUNTRY”
The Catholic Women’s League of Canada is a national organization rooted in gospel values calling its members to holiness through service to the people of God
The objects of the League shall be to unite Catholic Women of Canada:
- To achieve individual & collective spiritual development
- To promote the teachings of the Catholic Church
- To exemplify the Christian ideal in home & family life
- To protect the sanctity of human life
- To enhance the roll of women in church & society
- To recognize the human dignity of all people everywhere
- To uphold & defend Christian education & values in the modern world
- To contribute to the understanding and growth of religious freedom, social justice, peace and harmony
Benefits of a CWL Membership:
- Individual Spiritual growth as well as leadership growth through participation at CWL Meetings/Conventions: Parish, Diocesan, Provincial and National Councils
- Prayer – Daily remembrance at daily prayers of all members
- Friendship, support & fun; wonderful feeling of belonging to the Parish Family
- Mass cards given at time of need – for hope and healing
- Birthday greeting & prayer card on the member’s birthday
- Recognition – Service Pins – 10 / 25 / 40 / 50 / 60 year
- Opportunities to serve in the Lord’s vineyard – sharing of your God given talents – from home (sewing, baking, phoning, mailing birthday letters, etc.) or participating in the many CWL activities/meetings
- A voice in the government policies affecting our Catholic faith
- Welcome Mass/Celebration – new members – welcome kits/league pin; Orientation
…………And much, much more!!!
Contact email address: email@example.com
The CWL email address is monitored by the Online Communications Chair and messages are forwarded to executive members as required.
Send prayer requests to firstname.lastname@example.org and they will be forwarded to all members.
We humbly pray you, O God our Father,
To bless The Catholic Women’s League of Canada
Bless our beloved country, our homes and families
Send your Holy Spirit upon us to give light to our minds
And Strength to our wills that we may know and fulfill
Your great law of charity. Teach us to share with others,
At home and abroad, the good things you have given us.
This we as through Our Lord Jesus Christ
And the intercession of our Patroness,
Our Lady of Good Counsel.
ALL SAINTS PARISH CWL COUNCIL is involved in:
– Escorting weekly home visits of the Pilgrim Virgin statue
– Religious Articles Store
– February – Seniors Appreciation Lunch
– Religious gifts to 1st Holy Communicants & Confirmands from our Parish
– Two bursaries for grade 12 students going on to post-secondary
– Bake Sales, Parish Carnival
– Adoration Chapel (First Friday)
– Birthright; Pro-Life; World Day of Prayer
– St. Vincent de Paul/SHARE
– Agape – collection of hard candy
– Priests’/Sisters’ Appreciation Dinner
– Thanksgiving Dinner for the Less Fortunate
– Letter writing campaigns to Members of Parliament on various issues
– Donations – Domestic Abuse Society, CCO, Missions of Canada, Matrecare, etc…
ANNUAL CWL EVENTS!!
Further information will be posted closer to the event in the parish bulletin and communicated to members by phone or email.
CWL Annual Membership Drive in January:
See How We Care! All Saints CWL is the largest group of women in our parish who have dedicated ourselves to holiness, being rooted in the Gospel through the service of others. Our presence in almost every activity of the Parish is witness to how we practice what the League upholds. We have each other to call upon for strength, help, and support. This enables us to act as one body united in purpose and spirit. Join us and become a member and find your journey in life more meaningful and fun, among the women of faith and commitment. The membership fee is $30.00. email email@example.com for more information.
CWL Senior’s Appreciation Luncheon in February
CWL Mother’s Day Luncheon
CWL June Wrap Up Dinner
CWL Christmas Dinner